cwDup - Duplicity for Windows
cwDup is a Duplicity implementation for Windows systems. It is a packaging of Duplicity, Python, GnuPG, librsync, Cygwin and many other related tools to make it a complete and ready-to-use solution for secure online backup.
Duplicity is an encrypted bandwidth-efficient backup solution using the rsync algorithm. Duplicity produces a local encrypted tar archive of a directory, before uploading it to a remote or local storage location. As Duplicity uses librsync, the incremental archives are space efficient and only record the parts of files that have changed since the last backup. Duplicity uses GnuPG to encrypt and/or sign these archives, which will then be safe from spying and/or modification on the server side. GnuPG allows to encrypt and sign your data and communication, features a versatile key management system as well as access modules for all kinds of public key directories. Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for Windows. It consists of a DLL (Cygwin1.dll), which emulates substantial Linux API functionality, and a collection of tools.
Supported platforms: Windows Vista and higher
cwDup comes as a zip archive containing a Nullsoft Installer package. Unzip downloaded file and run cwDup_x.x.x_Installer.exe :
- Click Next at Welcome-page
- View license agreement.
- Specify an installation location.
- Installation starts. By clicking 'Details' button, you can get more detailed information about installation.
You're DONE! cwDup is installed on your machine.
cwDup is tested successfully with local file, rsync, ftp and sftp as backend transfer methods. There are many ways to use Duplicity. Please consult Duplicity documentation and man page for details.
The recipe below is just for a kickstart:
source /bin/cwdup-env.sh export PASSPHRASE=your-encryption-key
- Client installation includes the shell script bin\cwdup.sh starting cwDup in a right environment:
- The script above is called from the Windows batch file cwdup.cmd available at the root of the installation directory. You can schedule it according to your needs.
- 2023-03-29 Rsync Client Helper GUI 22.214.171.124
- 2023-03-29 Nagwin 5.1.2
- 2023-03-29 cwRsync server 6.7.2
- 2023-03-29 Copssh server 7.13.1
- 2023-03-29 Copssh server 8.1.1