How can I use cwRsync between two windows machines within a secure network ?
Assuming that you want to synchronize from directory c:\srcdir on machine WINCLIENT to directory c:\destdir on machine WINSERVER :
On WINSERVER :
- Install cwRsync Server
- Start RsyncServer service
- Make sure that the service account has write access to c:\destdir. You can use Prep a Dir for Upload wizard from start menu.
- Add a new module to rsyncd.conf :
path = /cygdrive/c/destdir
read only = false
transfer logging = yes
On WINCLIENT :
- Download cwRsync client.
- Use the command below to initiate rsync communication:
".\bin\rsync" -av /cygdrive/c/srcdir/ WINSERVER::wintest
NB! Keep in mind that the recipe above is suitable for operations within a secure network.
- 2023-03-29 Rsync Client Helper GUI 220.127.116.11
- 2023-03-29 Nagwin 5.1.2
- 2023-03-29 cwRsync server 6.7.2
- 2023-03-29 Copssh server 7.13.1
- 2023-03-29 Copssh server 8.1.1