Supported platforms: Vista/2008(R2)/7/8/2012(R2)/2016
cwDup comes as a zip archive containing a Nullsoft Installer package. Unzip downloaded file and run cwDup_x.x.x_Installer.exe :
- Click Next at Welcome-page
- View license agreement.
- Specify an installation location.
- Installation starts. By clicking 'Details' button, you can get more detailed information about installation.
You're DONE! cwDup is installed on your machine.
cwDup is tested successfully with local file, rsync, ftp and sftp as backend transfer methods. There are many ways to use Duplicity. Please consult Duplicity documentation and man page for details.
The recipe below is just for a kickstart:
- Client installation includes the shell script bin\cwdup.sh starting cwDup in a right environment:
# Customize contents with your duplicity command
# See Duplicity examples on Internet
# Don't forget the encryption key below, otherwise your backups are useless.
# Some examples
#duplicity /home/user/src file:///home/user/dest
#duplicity /home/user/src rsync://user@localhost::dest
# Ftp, ncftp is used as backend
#duplicity /home/user/src ncftp+ftp://user@host
# SFTP, pexpect is used as backend
#duplicity /home/user/src pexpect+sftp://user@host/temp
- The script above is called from the Windows batch file cwdup.cmd available at the root of the installation directory. You can schedule it according to your needs.