Supported platforms: Vista/2008(R2)/7/8/2012(R2)/10/2016
cwRsync comes as a zip archive containing a Nullsoft Installer package. Unzip downloaded file and run cwRsync_x.x.x_Installer.exe or cwRsync_Server_x.x.x_Installer.exe (server version) :
- Click Next at Welcome-page
- View license agreement.
- Select components that varies depending on package type: Client package has an optional component (Secure Channel Wrapper & Wizard). It makes creation of secure channels to cwrsync servers an easy task.
- Specify an installation location.
- (cwRsyncServer only) Specify a service account.
- Installation starts. By clicking 'Details' button, you can get more detailed information about installation. Check if everything seems ok.
You're DONE! cwRsync is installed on your machine.
cwRsync server only
You should update the configuration file according to your needs. If you have defined uploadable modules (read only = false), you have to make sure that Rsync Server has correct permissions on directories behind those modules. You can use Prep a Dir for Upload wizard from the start menu for that purpose.
cwRsync installs rsync server as a service (RsyncServer) with following parameters :
--config rsyncd.conf --daemon --no-detach
Default start mode is manual.
a client GUI with the following features is available from the start menu:
- Specify sources and destination (local, remote ssh and daemon modes)
- Specify filters and a subset of options
- Create rsync command according to your specification
- Run rsync on the fly both in production and test mode
- Create batch files for task scheduling
- Save and load your favorite rsync settings as profiles
- Language localization
Client installation includes also a batch file starting rsync in a right environment. You can customize it according to your needs. Man pages in html format are also available from start menu. cwRsync FAQs from this site can also be helpful.
In addition, as rsync people suggest, you can try Google for resources :-) I give also some pointers to rsync website :