cwRsync - Rsync for Windows
Rsync normally uses ssh for communication. It requires no special privileges for installation. You must, however, have a working ssh system. Alternatively, rsync can run in `daemon' mode, listening on a socket. This is generally used for public file distribution, although authentication and access control are available.
|Secure Channel Wizard|
|cwRsync + Copssh kit if you want to set up secure Rsync servers|
Supported platforms: XP/2003/2008(R2)/Vista/7/8/2012(R2)/10.
cwRsync comes as a zip archive containing a Nullsoft Installer package. Unzip downloaded file and run cwRsync_x.x.x_Installer.exe or cwRsync_Server_x.x.x_Installer.exe (server version) :
- Click Next at Welcome-page
- View license agreement.
- Select components that varies depending on package type: Client package has an optional component (Secure Channel Wrapper & Wizard). It makes creation of secure channels to cwrsync servers an easy task.
- Specify an installation location.
- (cwRsyncServer only) Specify a service account.
- Installation starts. By clicking 'Details' button, you can get more detailed information about installation. Check if everything seems ok.
You're DONE! cwRsync is installed on your machine.
cwRsync server only
You should update the configuration file according to your needs. If you have defined uploadable modules (read only = false), you have to make sure that Rsync Server has correct permissions on directories behind those modules. You can use Prep a Dir for Upload wizard from the start menu for that purpose.
cwRsync installs rsync server as a service (RsyncServer) with following parameters :
--config rsyncd.conf --daemon --no-detach
Default start mode is manual.
a client GUI with the following features is available from the start menu:
- Specify sources and destination (local, remote ssh and daemon modes)
- Specify filters and a subset of options
- Create rsync command according to your specification
- Run rsync on the fly both in production and test mode
- Create batch files for task scheduling
- Save and load your favorite rsync settings as profiles
- Language localization
Client installation includes also a batch file starting rsync in a right environment. You can customize it according to your needs. Man pages in html format are also available from start menu. cwRsync FAQs from this site can also be helpful.
In addition, as rsync people suggest, you can try Google for resources :-) I give also some pointers to rsync website :
This package contains components with following terms of licensing:
3.1.2 patched with
|Rsync license (GPL) Source code for Rsync is available here.|
|Cygwin and GNU tools||2.3.1||2.3.1||CYGWIN license (GPL) Source code for Cygwin and GNU Tools are available here.|
|OpenSSL||1.0.2e||1.0.2e||OpenSSL license This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. http://www.openssl.org/|
(client/server installers 32- and 64-bit)
|Product: Itefix EULA, Free: Two-sentence BSD