I want to set up ssh communication without passwords !!
Here is a simple recipe ( NB! This is not a very secure solution, since we use null passphrase during generation of public key pairs, use it at your own risk):
- cwRsync client. Generate key pairs :
ssh-keygen -q -t rsa -f cwrsync -N ""
Files cwrsync and cwrsync.pub will be generated.
- Transfer cwrsync.pub to your *nix machine.
- *nix machine. Run following commands:
mkdir -p ~$user/.ssh
cat cwrsync.pub > ~$user/.ssh/authorized_keys
chmod 755 ~$user ~$user/.ssh
chmod 644 ~$user/.ssh/authorized_keys
chown $user ~$user ~$user/.ssh ~$user/.ssh/authorized_keys
- cwRsync client. Update your rsync commands in your batch file by specifying option -e "ssh -i cwrsync".
- 2023-03-29 Rsync Client Helper GUI 184.108.40.206
- 2023-03-29 Nagwin 5.1.2
- 2023-03-29 cwRsync server 6.7.2
- 2023-03-29 Copssh server 7.13.1
- 2023-03-29 Copssh server 8.1.1