How can I use rsync to pull files from windows to linux/unix within a secure network ?
Assuming that you want to pull directory c:\backup on machine WIN_SOURCE to directory /var/backup on machine LINUX_DEST :
On WIN_SOURCE :
- Install cwRsync Server (without openssh component)
- Start RsyncServer service
- Add a new module to rsyncd.conf :
- path = /cygdrive/c/backup
- read only = true
- transfer logging = yes
On LINUX_DEST :
- Use the command below to initiate rsync:
- rsync -av WIN_SOURCE::backup /var/backup
NB! Keep in mind that the recipe above is suitable for operations within a secure network.