How can I use rsync to pull files from windows to linux/unix within a secure network ?
Assuming that you want to pull directory c:\backup on machine WIN_SOURCE to directory /var/backup on machine LINUX_DEST :
On WIN_SOURCE :
- Install cwRsync Server (without openssh component)
- Start RsyncServer service
- Add a new module to rsyncd.conf :
On LINUX_DEST :
path = /cygdrive/c/backup read only = true transfer logging = yes
- Use the command below to initiate rsync:
rsync -av WIN_SOURCE::backup /var/backup
NB! Keep in mind that the recipe above is suitable for operations within a secure network.
- 2023-03-29 Rsync Client Helper GUI 188.8.131.52
- 2023-03-29 Nagwin 5.1.2
- 2023-03-29 cwRsync server 6.7.2
- 2023-03-29 Copssh server 7.13.1
- 2023-03-29 Copssh server 8.1.1