Supported platforms : Vista/2008(R2)/7/8/2012(R2)/10/2016
Gitwin comes as a ZIP file containing an installer. Simply unzip your downloaded copy and run the package "Gitwin_x.x.x_Installer.exe" :
- Accept License agreement.
- Specify an installation location.
- Installation starts. By clicking 'Details' button, you can get more detailed information about installation.
You have now a Windows based Git repository solution which can be accessed via ssh protocol.
Gitwin installer performs following steps:
- Installs Copssh as OpenSSH server listening on the default ssh port 22. OpenSSH service is run by a dedicated service account with a complex password.
- Opens tcp port 22 in the Windows firewall
- Installs Perl
- Creates the user git with a complex password
- Installs Git
- Install Nginx HTTP server
- Configure Gitweb in FastCGI mode