Using info from the subject "Service not Listening?", I was able to get my dns setup to where I get positive returns from dig and host.
TEST RESULTS WHEN RUN ON WINDOWS DNS SERVER
D:\Spamhaus>dig A 22.214.171.124.sbl.dnsbl
; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> A 126.96.36.199.sbl.dnsbl
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 1562
;; flags: qr aa; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;188.8.131.52.sbl.dnsbl. IN A
;; ANSWER SECTION:
184.108.40.206.sbl.dnsbl. 300 IN A 127.0.0.2
;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Thu Nov 16 16:42:37 2006
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 53
D:\Spamhaus>host -t A 220.127.116.11.sbl.dnsbl
18.104.22.168.sbl.dnsbl has address 127.0.0.2
I've setup the connection filter and smtp virtual server in Exchange, but
I still get negative results when I test email sent to nelson@....
I don't get positive dig and host returns when I run them from the exchange server which has wrbldsnsd running on it. The scheduled tasks sbl and xbl work fine.