cwRsync 5.3.0 installers contain Rsync 3.1.1pre1 which was announced as a bug fix release on January 26th, 2014. It reintroduces socketpairs again in Cygwin setup as an attempt for better performance. We have also updated Cygwin, OpenSSH and OpenSSL to their latest available versions.
- Fixed a failure to remove the partial-transfer temp file when interrupted (and rsync is not saving the partial files).
- Changed the chown/group/xattr-set order to avoid losing some security-related xattr info (that would get cleared by a chown).
- Fixed a bug in the early daemon protocol where a timeout failed to be honored (e.g. if the remote side fails to send us the initial protocol greeting).
- Fixed unintended inclusion of commas in file numbers in the daemon log.
- We once again send the 'f' sub-flag (of -e) to the server side so it knows that we can handle incremental-recursion directory errors properly in older protocols.
- Fixed an issue with too-aggressive keep-alive messages causing a problem for older rsync versions early in the transfer.
- Fixed an incorrect message about backup-directory-creation when using --dry-run and the backup dir is not an absolute path.
- Fixed a bug where a failed deletion might not affect the exit code.
- Fixed a bug that caused a failure when combining --delete-missing-args with --xattrs and/or --acls.
- Fixed an itemize bug that affected the combo of --link-dest, -X, and -n.
- Fixed a problem with delete messages not appearing in the log file when the user didn't use --verbose.Improve chunked xattr reading for OS X.
- Removed an attempted hard-link xattr optimization that was causing a transfer failure. (If you need to interact with an rsync 3.1.0 using --hard-links & --xattrs, you can specify --protocol=30.)
- We now generate a better error if the buffer overflows in do_mknod().Fixed a problem reading more than 16 ACLs on some OSes.
- Switched Cygwin back to using socketpair "pipes" to try to speed it up.
- Added knowledge of a few new options to rrsync.
- Added the support/rsync-no-vanished wrapper script.
- Made configure more prominently mention when we failed to find yodl (in case the user wants to be able to generate manpages from *.yo files).