Supported platforms : XP/2003/Vista/2008(R2)/7/2012(R2)/8/10.
ciXwin is available as a zip file containing an installer. Simply unzip your downloaded copy and run the package "ciXwin_x.x.x_Installer.exe" :
- Accept License agreement.
- Specify an installation location.
- Installation starts. By clicking 'Details' button, you can get more detailed information about installation.
- At the end of the installation, you can start ciXwin connect Wizard to setup connections. See Usage section for more information.
ciXwin is designed for displaying remote X clients via ssh, and comes with a connect wizard to help you start X programs/window managers seamlessly:
Connect wizard starts X server in multiwindow mode if not running before, initiates an ssh connection according to your input. Upon a successful connection, you can start your favorite tools/window managers at the client side. Append always an ampersand to your command (like xterm &) for process initiation at the background.
This one is easy too:
- Run the uninstaller
- Remove remnants in the installation directory.